How to obtain their permit
You must first obtain a Class A commercial driver’s licence, or CDL, in order to drive trucks professionally. With this licence, you may operate a truck across the highway and prove to other drivers that you are familiar with all applicable traffic laws.
Several methods can be used to finish CDL training. There are a few rules that must be observed regardless of where you obtain your CDL. A CDL requirement may, but need not be, the following:
- age requirement of 21 years or older
- having at least 14 days with a business learner’s permit
- To receive your Class A CDL through the DMV, you must pay a fee.
- have a non-commercial driver’s licence that is active at the moment
- not be disqualified because of rules set forth by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- not possess a CDL in a different state
Prime Time CDL is here to teach all eager drivers the skills and rules they need to know about truck driving to earn their CDL and all other needed qualifications, alongside passing all the tests. You can check out the various packages we offer which are customisable according to what goal you’re looking to achieve through your truck driving lessons.